Friday 26th April 2019
Summer Term 1st Half, Week 2
Homework: Continue the story of ‘The Mirror in the Attic’ (you should write at least 2 pages). Write in your grey homework book and be prepared to revise and edit it next Thursday in school. Due Thursday 2nd May 2019.
Cake Sale: Next Friday is the Year 6 cake sale. You are welcome to either buy or bake cakes to sell. Please bring them into school on Friday 3rd May.
- Wednesday 1st May: Wirral Grammar School for Girls in to meet children
- Friday 3rd May: Year 6 Cake Sale
- Monday 6th May: Bank Holiday – School Closed
- Monday 13th to Thursday 16th May: SATs Tests and SATs Breakfast
- Friday 17th May; SATs Breakfast, SATs Party and Water Games – More details to follow – Own Clothes
- Monday 20th May: Melody Makers in school to work with Year 6 (all afternoon)
- Wednesday 22nd May: Barclays Day out – More details to follow (small cost towards transport)
- Friday 24th May: Year 6 Charity Day and finish for half term – More details to follow – Own Clothes
- Friday 7th June: Pyjamrama
- Monday 17th June: Pensby High School in to meet children
- Wednesday 26th– Friday 28th June: Oaklands Residential visit. Information pack and meeting TBC
Thursday 18th April 2019
Summer Term 1st Half, Week 1
Easter Cake Decorating Competition
We had 7 entrants in our first ever ‘Year 6 Easter Cake Decorating Competition’. All 7 children worked exceptionally hard to complete their cake within a very short space of time. They all came well-prepared and ready to compete!
Their finished cakes… click on an image for a larger view…
Unfortunately, there could only be one winner, Niamh J! All the judges were really impressed with the piping work she had done and the excellent bunny rabbit decorations.
Easter Experience – St Michael’s Church
Another big Thank You to Mr Putman and the rest of the team at St Michael’s Church. We spent the afternoon immersed in the Easter Story, learning about each day in detail and how significant they were. Why is Easter so important? Talk about it as a family at home together.