Reach for the stars – be amazing!
I have been the Headteacher of Pensby Primary school since it opened in 2008. Each day I wake up and look forward to coming to such a happy school. In fact it doesn’t feel like I’m coming to work at all!
The biggest change over the last 5 years has been the changes to our school building. We are finally in a new building which is an incredible place to be. The staff and I still can’t believe how lucky we are to be in such an amazing building and have such superb resources!
The children and staff have worked incredibly hard over the past 5 years and we are very proud of the progress we have made and continue to make. We all try to listen to each other and celebrate our successes as well as thinking about how we can make more improvements where and when we need to.
The school has 7 aims that we believe our help our children to learn respect for each other and the community:
- Create a safe, secure and welcome environment where everyone can flourish
- Provide a challenging, creative curriculum both in and out of the classroom
- Make activities accessible to all
- Nurture independent learners with high self-esteem
- Develop responsible citizens of the future
- Build a school community where everyone has high expectations of behaviour and success in all areas
- Be part of a school that is an integral and positive partner within the wider community.
The children of the school were asked to design and create a mosaic for our school. They developed our school motto:
REACH FOR THE STARS, BE AMAZING!
We think this motto sums up our aims and hopes perfectly. We believe our children are all amazing and can do anything they want to do.